Announcing The DNA Tattoo Inksgiving Contest
Exploring Lincoln and DNA Tattoo are excited to announce The DNA Tattoo Inksgiving Contest – your chance to win one of two $100 gift certificates for tattoo work from DNA. With a few clicks, a quick picture, and some likes from your friends you could be on your way to getting $100 worth of free ink. Here’s how it works:
1. Like our Facebook pages
Both Exploring Lincoln and DNA Tattoo have pages on Facebook. The first step in the contest is to “Like” us on Facebook if you haven’t already. Here are the links to Exploring Lincoln’s Facebook page, and DNA Tattoo’s Facebook page. Hit the “Like” button, and then move on to step 2.
2. Get the flyer from DNA
To enter the contest you need one of the flyers that looks like the image above. Just stop by the DNA Tattoo studio during their regular business hours (Tuesday thru Thursday from 10:00am – 8:00pm, Friday & Saturday from 10:00am – 9:00pm) and pick one up. They are located across the street from McDonalds at 123B West Broadway in Lincoln, behind Burnell/Bragdon Realty. If you haven’t stopped in before, it will be a great opportunity for you to see their clean, friendly studio, and maybe meet Damien and the crew.
3. Take a picture of yourself with the flyer
Your entry in the contest is a picture of you with that flyer. Where you are, what you are doing, and how you look are up to you. The pictures are going up on Facebook for all to see, so we ask you to keep them legal and clean, and we retain the right to reject any entries that are inappropriate. But we encourage you to be creative with your photos and locations, as one of the two gift certificates is going to the picture that gets the most votes (“Likes”). Webcam, cell phone, and ipod photos are fine – just get a picture of you with the flyer.
4. Get the photo to Exploring Lincoln
Probably the easiest way is to do that is to go to the Exploring Lincoln Facebook page and post it to our wall. Just click on the Photo link under the row of pictures at the top, and then select “Upload a Photo from your drive”. Once you post it to our page we will add the photo to the DNA Inksgiving Contest photo album, and then delete your post from our wall. Once your photo makes it into the album, you are officially entered into the contest. An alternative method for sending in the photo (some phones and ipods don’t work well with Facebook) is to email it to email@example.com.
5. Tell your friends to vote for you picture
Once your photo is in the album, you will want to “Like” it (no law against voting for yourself), and then ask your Facebook friends to like our pages and your photo as well. The person with the most likes at midnight of November 27th wins one of the gift certificates, so tag yourself in your photo, share it on your Facebook page, and ask your friends to help you out. We’re talking $100 worth of free ink here, so do what you have to do to get the votes. But remember, we are drawing a second winner at random from all the other entries, so even if all your photo gets is your own like, you still can win.
Other Contest Rules And Information
- The contest is open to anyone old enough to have a Facebook page, which is 13 years or older. However, the state of Maine prohibits tattoos on anyone under 18 years of age, so underage winners will want to give the gift certificate to someone old enough to use it. Remember, Christmas is just around the corner, and $100 towards a tattoo is a great gift.
- Exploring Lincoln and DNA Tattoo are the sole judges of what are and are not acceptable contest photos. Remember, the contest flyer does need to be in your photo to enter.
- The contest will run from Friday, November 11th, until midnight on Sunday, November 27th. The winners will be announced on both the Exploring Lincoln and DNA Tattoo Facebook pages.